Monday, March 14, 2011

Back in the saddle again

Greetings and salutations!

Yes, I know, where have I been?  Apologies to all for dropping off the face of the earth, life just got away from me I guess.  You know what that's like.

Anyway, there have been a few changes since my disappearance.  First I've closed my Etsy shop until the holiday season and moved to Artfire.  I also have a fan page on Facebook, so if you haven't done so already please head on over and "like" me, and I have my very own YouTube channel where I post my favorite epicurean videos as well as commercials I make for Culinarychiq Concepts.  My latest Easter, Ostara and Spring candles are now available so head on over to Artfire and check them out!

I've also thought it'd be fun to run some sales on days containing obscure holidays.  Here is the sale schedule for March:

March 14 - Pi Day - 20% off all Pie Candles
March 15 - Dumbstruck Day - Leave a story on Facebook of how someone or something left you completely speechless and you get 20% off your next order (please nothing pertaining to something you saw on the news or tv, this is something that happened to you personally)
March 16 - Lips Appreciation Day - 30% off heart and Valentine's Day candles
March 19 - Poultry Day - Free Cream Egg Easter Chicky with your order
March 20 - First Day of Spring - 20% off all Spring, Ostara and Easter candles
March 21 - National Fragrance Day - All scented items 20% off
March 25 - Pecan and Waffle Day - 20% off Hot Fudge Sundae candles
March 29 - National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day - Send me a link of your online shop to get 20% off
March 29 - Coca Cola is invented - 20% Cola candles
March 31 - Orange and Lemon Day - 20% off all citrus scented candles

Finally, I have much love for my favorite Etsy people, Team Homefront, featuring other talented military spouses like myself with great shops!  Every Monday questions go out for the team to answer and so here are the questions and my answers:


1. What song is your personal anthem? If you don't have an anthem a favorite song will do.
I don't think I have an anthem but my absolute favorite song is The Very Thought of You by Nat King Cole.

2. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park?
I love old fashioned wooden roller coasters but my favorite rides of all time are the Wonder Wheel and Cyclone in Coney Island.

3. What was your favorite restaurant at any of your past/present duty stations?
I have two (surprise;).  Teriyaki Bistro in Issaquah, WA (I still dream about their special garlic sauce) and Coconuts on the Beach in Cocoa Beach, FL (best jerk wings and sweet potato fries I've ever had).

4. Where is your favorite place to go for supplies?
AC Moore and Michaels of course but in a pinch Walmart and Dollar Tree have come in very handy.  And of course I go online:)


Until next week folks:)  Ciao for now!


1 comment:

  1. I have very fond memories of childhood and Nat King Cole's Christmas albums....very nice choice!

    ReplyDelete