Sunday, March 28, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
- How do you know if an egg is raw or hardboiled? Spin it, if it wobbles, it’s raw, if it doesn't, it’s not!
- If you drop an egg on the floor, drown it in salt for easy clean up!
- Eggs are #2 on the The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network's list of foods that cause the most allergic reactions.
- An egg's color is based on the color of the chicken (white for white, red for brown) not her diet.
- Brown eggs and white eggs both have the same nutritional value.
- The fresher the egg when boiled, the more difficult it is to peel! This is because as an egg ages the albumen (white stuff) dries up forming an air bubble between it and the shell.
- The smallest egg in the world is laid by the hummingbird.
- The largest egg in the world is laid by the ostrich.
- 1474 - Basel, Switzerland - a rooster is accused, tried and convicted of being a sorcerer and burned at the stake together with his egg. (and no, roosters cannot lay eggs)
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Next week you’ll be introduced to my strawberry, mixed berry and blueberry pies and strawberry milkshake will be added to the ice cream line of luscious soy candles. For those who may have missed it another creation I had fun with, the Irish Coffee candle, is now on sale so pick one up today!
I anticipate announcing consignment at two local stores as well as my spring and summer fair schedule this month once I confirm the venues so if you live in Maine or intend to visit the Portland area feel free to look me up! Keep checking this blog for updates and feel free to browse my shop: culinarychiqconcepts.etsy.com for items available now. As always if there’s something you’d like but don’t see, drop me a line and ask me about it.
FREE TEALIGHT WITH EVERY ORDER!
Now, when you place an order, you'll receive a sample tealight of a different candle currently available at Culinarychiq Concepts or get a sneak preview of upcoming candles: Blueberry Pie, Strawberry Milkshake, Lemon Meringue Pie and Margarita!
If you have a tealight preference, please leave a message when you order otherwise let it be a pleasant surprise:)
Chow for now!