Thursday, January 21, 2010

A New Challenge


Today I was honored with a commission by an old friend for a Doo Wop Birthday Party in March. The challenge is to make 50s themed candles small enough to serve as party favors for at least 70 guests. We put our heads together and started thinking old fashioned milkshake and ice cream sundae candles, jukeboxes, Elvis, poodle skirts, hula hoops, roller skates, rock n roll, the possibilities are endless.. until a furtive search turned up the lack of possibilities in candle molds (methinks I may have to study up on mold making one of these days). I did find a few things that could work though and after going over color scheme with my client/friend and talking pricing we've agreed on pink poodles, pink and black (I'm going to attempt some kind of swirl pattern) musical notes and chocolate sundaes with a cherry on top, all chocolate and vanilla ice cream scented and all the size of a 3oz votive candle.

A bit difficult? Maybe. Beyond the realms of possibility? Never. So long as the willingness, creativity and imagination are there, anything is possible! This is the kind of thing I love about this business, the challenge and ability to come up with something creative and unique while working within a client's wishes:) If things go as well as I think they will, I'll have pictures and prices up soon on my Etsy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment